Search This Blog

Friday 5 August 2011

Top of the foodchain?

Sad to hear about those lads in Norway where one got killed.

Sad as it is it led to a frequently had debate with my father, saying that i take after my father not just in looks but also stubbornness any "debate" we may enter never gets resolved unless one person brings scientific evidence acceptable in the court of law.

"Matt", he says, "see there's the proof, polar bears are the top of the food chain"

See i disagree, and because of my impulse to jump in and prove my point that he is wrong im sat there, beads of sweat running down my temples and my teeth clenched under the pressure of someone speaking out there backside yet not wanting to jump in to the discussion because i dont have 3 hours spare.

After all humans, by the simple fact that we are everywhere and in general most confrontations with humans the polar bear loses.

After an excrutiating time of 24 seconds i cant stand it any longer.

"Dad, humans are the top of the food chain" the relief lasted for only a split second thanks to the big oafs opinions.

"No, Polar bears are" See not even a grown up response just NO IIIIIMMMM RIGHT or something like it, no reasoning, logic or anything that might make his point more correct.

"dad, if polar bears were the top they would be eating humans on a regularish basis to prove the fact, no i think youll find that they get shot or scared off or killed by global warming, all of which are caused by the guys above them, US!!"

I thought its over and saw his features (annoyingly close to my own) looking back over to the TV with the ever present gorm that overtakes my dads face when he watches TV.
I cant beleive it, I won 


Thats the beauty with dad, i can be sat in the bliss of being right and proving it for a good half an hour before the programme finishes, his gorm diminishes and suddenly....

"Well you put a human in a field on his own against a polar bear and see who wins"

The closest to suicide i can get within a normal day is having differing opinions to my father.....

No comments:

Post a Comment